Friday, February 4, 2011

Busy, busy

I have been on a sewing kick this week!  With my hubby working out of town, I have been staying up late and creating new pieces. 




Child's zippered jacket/cardigan
   I was really pleased with how this one turned out.  I love that pattern from the sweater with those great colors of teal, mint green and gray. 







Long cardigan


                 I wore this long orange and blue cardigan to work and received so many compliments on it!  People asked where I bought it!  I love that!  I made this one out of four wool sweaters.  If I had to change anything, it would be the shoulders.  I would have put the serged seam on the inside.  It makes me look too linebacker-ish as it is!




argyle mohair skirt
  This skirt I made from an oversized men's sweater.  I added a jersey knit band at the top with a tie so it can be adjusted to various waists.  I wore it to work one day with brown boots, and it looked really cute!

Long hooded cardigan with buttons

Here's another long cardigan.  This one was made from three sweaters.  Two were already cardigans, so I kept the existing buttons in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think! I'd love to read your thoughts and suggestions!